Tuesday 14 April 2009

bricks

I moved house last week. When you live in shared houses, moving house is more than just going to a new place, it's about creating an entirely new domestic set-up, generally with someone you found on gumtree and met for 10-15 minutes, and hopefully got a strong enough non-serial-killer vibe. Hopefully. And hopefully those instincts were correct, because now you're living with this stranger.

I don't really feel like I know about my new housemate yet, but so far the prognosis is as follows. 

Reasons to be cheerful:
The house is very clean.

Reasons to be concerned:
The house is very clean. I think she cleans the entire bathroom with bleach twice a day. She used a knife of mine the other day and then washed my entire cutlery set, just because

So who knows. And as I gradually try to unpack my millions of boxes of not quite sure what, I just hope that I'm not having to pack to leave any time soon. Sigh. 

No comments: